Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Who will win Virginia?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who will win Virginia?

    What do you think? Obama has been gaining ground over the past few weeks as Mccain keeps falling. Mich. is now leaning Obama but IMO he will get VA also. Found this updated electoral map on Yahoo and says that VA does lean Obama. I dont know how correct it is but he has gained a lot of ground in VA and a lot of polls show it is tied and heading in the direction of Obama.

    http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard



  2. #2
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I saw that as well. Yahoo had VA leaning Obama. I went to CNN and they had McCain with the higher percentage of Voters. I read that to mean it is still too close to call. I would give CNN's map a little more credibility over yahoos just based on this is CNN's expertise.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CNN's expertise. </div></div>

    LOL When did CNN ever have any expertise? LOL

  4. #4
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    As goes Virginia, as goes the election.

    McCain can't win without us and Obama can't win without us.

    This is very exciting and I can't think of a time where our little ol' Southwest Virginia vote meant more.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    VA hasn't voted democrat in a presidential election since 1964 when it voted for LBJ. Even when Carter swept the entire East and South, VA voted with Ford.

    I give CNN more election expertise than Yahoo, but I agree, using the word expertise and CNN in the same sentence was a mistake.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Wow, just noticed that if you take out LBJ, it has been since 1948 that VA has voted democrat with Truman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •